Thursday, January 14, 2016

Giving the Studio a fresh new look for 2016

I have been trying for so long to make some large changes in the studio but it always seemed to hard as i wanted to move large cabinets. being a new year I thought i would just dive right in and do it.

When i first moved into this bedroom it had built in wardrobes, I removed the doors and put shelving in but it seemed like a wasted space. So out came the shelving and in the cabinets went which gives me more room in the studio.


Here is a small collection of my vintage goodies

I love my Raggedy Old Annie dolls, well i love any dolls. That's how i started my craft life as a doll maker in 2002. I took till 2008 to start making teddy bears and i found my passion.

A basket full of vintage lace.

Lots of little treasures.



My beautiful Inn Country hand painted sign. I started my first shop in 2007 and it was called Inn Country. I asked a really wonderful person to paint the sign for me. Natasha Burns. Since i closed the last shop in 2013 the sign has hung in the studio. I wonderful memory to keep from the shop.

I still have a lot of work to do in the studio. I wanted to share where i started with the changes.





6 comments:

Deborah Weber said...

What a delightful peek into your charming studio. It's always exciting to switch things up a bit isn't it? Even small changes refresh the energy and that's a perfect way to start the year.

Michelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your studio! I could spend hours looking at all your treasures and I promise I wouldn't drool too much. Changes are good for the new year. I think I'm always seeking a better way of displaying my collections. You are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a fun looking studio you have, Lisa! You must relish coming into this treasured space to work each day. Glad you were able to make some changes to smile even more.

Sue Grilli said...

Oh I could get lost in that studio. Such a beautiful space!

Elda said...

So many great vintage pieces to look at here! How fun...and how marvelous that you kept the sign to post in your studio.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful and cozy studio - what fun to look at - thanks for sharing