Saturday, November 20, 2010

Playing with Clay



As we all know it is getting closer to christmas and each year we have a tradition to handmade our decorations.  This years we are making snowmen from clay!  We had lots of fun today with them they are not finished they need to be painted and glittered.  I just wanted to show you what we did.  Mine are the two on the left and my wonderful 10 year old made the ones on the right he did an amazing job!  I wanted to use the paperclay but as I live in australia I have not been able to find it so I just used a white air drying clay. Hopefully by the end of the week we should have them finsihed! We need to let them dry for 48 hours.  Have a beautiful saturday Lisa

2 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

they are great! cant wait to see the end result. i have bought paper clay from spot light. i actually have two little bags here in my craftroom:) have big plans for it but never enough time and unlike you i dont want to open it when my girls are around cause there will be none left for me! :)
xxxrosey

p.s. i will try to come and see you one day in the near future..if my busy life ever slow down...

MJL said...

I am awaiting the final product. I've been checking out the paperclay when I go to the craft store and I just can't get myself to take that step to purchase it. Maybe once I see what your little heads look like when they are done, I might take that extra step. I'm excited to see them finished.